7 Milestones to Your App Destination
With the digital world throbbing with so many mobile apps and websites, the techno space is already quite populated. A research conducted by Internet Live Stats states that we have over 1 billion websites online at any point of time. The number of mobile apps account for another million. With so many apps and websites in the techno space, does your business really need on demand app solution? What indicates whether your entry into the world of mobile apps is all worth it?
Here’s the checklist:
- The Goal: Why is it that you find yourself thinking about an app for your business? Is there anything in specific that you are targeting with regard to an app? Most business owners seem to be opting for an app without a plan. The failure behind a majority of mobile apps is this lack of goal setting and planning process. Is it a way to keep a tab on your current customer base, a research tool or simply, your way to reach out to potential customers? Decide on the role/roles the app has to play in your business. With a clear roadmap, developing an app proves to be a worthwhile investment. It is mandatory for business owners to clarify this aspect.
- Budget Matters: Business owners have to think a lot before investing in an app. App development, though an investment that can reap a bountiful, is an expensive affair. Hence, deciding on whether you can afford developing or purchasing one is a real question. Opt for an app if you can fund it. It’s a cautionary note. Don’t just begin with your app development process. Have a budget set for it and make sure you get the best for your business and your pocket!
- Is it a part of your branding process? : Most business institutions make use of mobile apps in order to add a technological glamour quotient to their marketing mix. This is helpful if you are planning to convert your business from its raw state into a brand. Mobile apps help in the branding process and hence it is imperative that you decide whether having a mobile app features in your branding process.
- Time Factor: With a mobile app in your purse of marketing tools, it is necessary that you cater to it responsibly. You must make time to tend to the app. Constant updates, plans, content; the list of items that need your attention is quite lengthy. Is your business ready to cater to the app and to service it? Your time is therefore, yet another important factor when it comes to deciding to opt for an app.
- The App: With so many apps making their debut in the app marketplaces, does your app have it to persuade a user to download the app? With an average mobile Indian user spending 82.5% of their mobile time on applications, your app must be strong enough to coerce the user to download the app. The services provided by your app must be worth the user’s time and money. This again is a major factor in deciding whether you really need an app at any given point of time.
- The User: Investing in an app and getting the required results from it depends a lot on the kind of users you cater to. Mobile apps mostly, work for those customers who are always on the run or may need your services at any given point of time. If your user is somebody who need not make use of their mobile for any purpose connected to your business, investing in an app will prove to be a null asset. If your business is that of an online grocery, investing in such an app is definitely going to help you because your app will not limit the user from ordering their provisions while sitting in front of their computer. With an app, you can give them the ease of access thus helping them order their essentials even while travelling. Hence, determining the type of user is very important while planning an app.
- Employee’s time: Will your app increase or decrease the workload of your employees? With a mobile app, most of the customers tend to help themselves and find a solution to their problems, reducing the workload on employees who may, in circumstances otherwise, have to attend to such customers. Does your app have it in it to help your current staffers and increase the overall efficiency? If yes, then a mobile app is definitely a positive turn.
Apart from these factors, what really matters your decision here is that have you conceptualized your path post the birth of an app. An article published in a leading business journal in 2016 clearly stated that 80% of app failures are not because of poor designing or features. It is simply the lack of a concept and contemplation that contributes towards such malfunction. After setting the goal for your business with a mobile app, it is imperative that you have an ideology that will further determine your course of action. Vague concepts and ideas can ruin your plans and lead to financial losses.
Need an app at this point of time? Let’s discuss this a bit more in detail.
At ValueAppz, you can discuss your ideology and goals with regard to a online b2b marketplace platform for your business. Our amazing team of experts already have a plan for you. Having developed over 300 mobile apps for celebrated clients, we definitely know what works well for your business and its digital future.
Let’s connect! Write to us at email@example.com.Here’s the checklist: